Chair: Dr. Justin Merry
The Biology, B.S. degree provides training to students across all major fields of the biological sciences, including molecular and cellular biology, organismal biology, ecology, and evolution. The requirements include a core curriculum common to all biology majors, as well as electives that are selected from clusters that represent major levels of analysis within the biological sciences. This program provides considerable flexibility to help students prepare for a variety of career paths in the biological sciences.
Concentrations in Biology, B.S. include:
- Biology, B.S., Environmental Science Concentration
- Biology, B.S., Marine Biology Concentration
- Biology, B.S., Molecular Biology Concentration
- Biology, B.S., Podiatric Science Concentration
- Biology, B.S., Pre-Medicine Concentration
(Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Podiatry, Pre-Veterinary) Please consult the Pre-Medicine Programs at SFU section of this catalog.
- Biology, B.S., Secondary Education or Biology, B.S., Secondary Education/Special Education Concentration