2020-2021 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
Director: Nicole Bauman, 814-472-3026, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master of Business Administration program at Saint Francis University is designed as an executive development experience for practicing managers and those who aspire to be managers. The program prepares students to manage profit and non-profit organizations by providing them with an opportunity to develop their managerial knowledge, skill sets, and perspectives. As part of the rich Franciscan heritage of the University, the MBA program requires students to explore ethical dilemmas that face managers every day and learn to manage with responsibility and compassion. Students will learn to think critically, to express their ideas clearly, and to make decisions with confidence.
Student Learning Outcomes:
The Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Students will acquire a strong knowledge of the functional fields of business and the various environments in which business operates.
- Students will demonstrate skills in problem recognition and critical decision making applying qualitative and quantitative methods to empirical business situations.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
- Students will display skills in strategic analysis and integration.
- Students will develop the ability to effectively work with a team of colleagues on a project.
- Identify and analyze the ethical obligations and responsibilities of managers and their organizations.
Estimated Completion Time:
Typically two years of full-time study or five years of part-time study
Saint Francis University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, Kansas, 66215; (913) 631-3009; https://iacbe.org.
In order to be considered for admission, applicants must submit the following:
- An application and $30 fee;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation;
- Current resume;
- Official transcript(s).
Applicants with an overall grade point average above a 3.3 on a 4.0 scale are NOT required to take the GMAT exam. Applicants who already hold an advanced degree will also be waived from the GMAT exam. Official GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) scores must be sent directly from Pearson-VUE. Your GMAT score must be less than five years old at the time of application. For more information and testing locations visit http://www.mba.com or http://gmat.org.
International applicants need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Acceptance to the program will not be extended until all admission materials, including official transcripts, have been received and reviewed by the graduate business programs director. A letter of acceptance will be sent to applicants who have successfully met admission requirements. Registration for the first courses will follow and will be a collaborative endeavor between the students and their academic advisor.
Total Credits Required:
NOTE: Students may be required to take certain pre-requisite classes for the MBA program if not completed in previous educational endeavors. These courses do not count towards MBA credits, and the associated cost is the full responsibility of the student.
Students in the MBA program are required to complete capstone requirements prior to graduation to demonstrate their understanding of the program’s material; these requirements include:
- Completion of MBA 550 and MBA 555
- Completion of Peregrine Exam (Capstone Exam)
- Completion of Exit Surveys
A candidate for graduation must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete all requirements for an approved program of study within 5 years of initial enrollment, including, but not limited to, the capstone requirements, exit exams, and surveys;
- Complete the minimum number of credits as specified in this publication;
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better;
- Submit a completed Application for Degree form at least one semester prior to graduation date;
- Satisfy financial obligations to the University.
MBA Program Options: