Dean, Francis Worldwide: Dr. Karen Srba, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Academic Operations: Mrs. Sherri Link, email@example.com
Partnering Academic Department: Business Administration
Chair: Dr. Angela Seidel, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Business Administration, Associate of Science degree program is a career-oriented program designed to give the adult learner practical business knowledge and skills. The curriculum includes coursework in accounting, management, economics, and computer science. In keeping with the Catholic Franciscan liberal arts tradition, additional coursework includes 24 credits of general education requirements in humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and religious studies providing the student with a broad-based educational experience designed to enhance their skills as professionals in the contemporary business world. All courses are offered online.
Students who graduate with an Associate of Science degree in Business Administration are eligible to enter the workforce at entry-level positions. After obtaining the associate degree, many adult learners will continue their studies at Saint Francis University to earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
This program is not accredited.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Francis Worldwide and the Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business;
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making;
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
See Francis Worldwide for admission criteria and information.
Certification and/or Licensure:
This program is not designed to lead to certification and/or licensure.
Estimated Completion Time:
Typically 1-2 years of part-time study
Total Credits Required: