Dean, Francis Worldwide: Dr. Karen Srba, email@example.com
Director, Academic Operations: Mrs. Sherri Link, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bachelor of Science in Health Studies is an online degree completion program designed to provide an accelerated degree pathway for students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree in health. Through this program, students will have the opportunity to maximize their prior college-level course work or associate’s degree in science or a related field and transfer any military credits in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree. This program incorporates a solid health studies core with a general education curriculum reflecting the goals of Franciscan Higher Education. Completion of this program will prepare students to pursue a graduate professional healthcare degree or enter the workforce.
Note: students intending to pursue a graduate degree, should check into the program’s requirements and any prerequisites so appropriate electives can be taken.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Know and understand structure and function of the human body in relation to disease and prevention of illness;
- Know and understand the interdisciplinary content within the field of science and health care;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical value choices and ethical responsibilities of healthcare workers;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving by using data and other decision-support tools to make effective decisions;
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the global dimension of healthcare.
Estimated Completion Time:
Typically 3 to 5 years of part-time study
Certification and/or Licensure:
This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure.
Students are required to complete CORE 407 as part of their program.
Total Credits Required: