Director, Academic Operations: Mrs. Sherri Link, email@example.com
Partnering Academic Department: Graduate Business Programs
Director: Mrs. Nicole Bauman, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sports Management, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program is designed to develop dynamic and ethical leaders who are prepared for careers in sports management and ancillary fields. As leaders in sports management, graduates will be dedicated to innovative teaching and/or coaching, meaningful professional and community service, and creative scholarly pursuit. Shaped by Franciscan values and influenced by the Goals of Franciscan Higher Education, graduates will pursue occupations in sport at both the amateur and professional levels, in careers such as college athletics, coaching, sports management, public relations, sports media, sports marketing and hospitality and events management.
Program Learning Goals:
- Expose students to the various careers and fields of Sports Management.
- Encourage our students to actively pursue academic excellence.
- Develop the academic and business knowledge and skills that will make students competitive in seeking employment or establishing careers.
- Guide students through a series of experiences designed to develop analytic, oral and written communication skills.
- Expand upon our students’ ability to problem solve and develop ethical solutions when facing pluralistic modern-day challenges.
- Utilize information technology, scientific literature and research skills to assimilate an emerging body of knowledge.
- Integrate theory and practice through selected internships projects and field experiences.
- Provide students with a foundation for graduate and professional certifications and career advancement.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Francis Worldwide and the Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business;
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making;
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
Admission candidates must have an earned baccalaureate degree. See Francis Worldwide for admission criteria and information.
Certification and/or Licensure:
This program is not designed to lead to certification and/or licensure. Saint Francis University will award a certificate of completion upon successful completion of the post-baccalaureate certificate program.
Estimated Completion Time:
Typically 1-2 years of part-time study
Total Credits Required: