Go to information for Pre-Medicine Programs at SFU .
Chair: Dr. Justin Merry, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-471-1105
Coordinator: Dr. Susan Reimer, email@example.com, 814-472-3086
This affiliated program is referred to as the “2+3/ 2+4” (Pharm.D.) Program in Pharmacy. The program is an early-entry pre-pharmacy program that will give students the opportunity to complete their pharmacy education in two phases: Phase I consists of the first two years of undergraduate education at Saint Francis; Phase II consists of the remaining three years of pharmacy education at LECOM’s School of Pharmacy, Erie campus or four years at the Bradenton, Florida, campus. The number of positions reserved for Saint Francis students will be determined by mutual agreement between Saint Francis and the LECOM School of Pharmacy.
Students will be admitted to the SFU Phase (Phase I) of the program based upon the following criteria:
SAT Scores (or ACT scores)
High School GPA
>1240 or ACT score of >26
3.5 on a scale of 4.0
Two letters of recommendation
Evidence of scholarly activities and desire to become a pharmacist.
Must be a U.S. citizen or resident
The LECOM School of Pharmacy will accept Saint Francis students into the professional pharmacy curriculum who meet the criteria listed below:
- Complete the A.S. in Bio-Chemical Sciences degree program in Phase I of the “3+3/ 3+4” B.S./Pharm.D. Pharmacy Program, as described in the Saint Francis University Catalog. Earn a minimum GPA of 3.4 in Phase I of the program. No course will be accepted for transfer with a grade lower than “C”.
- Earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher for science and mathematics courses.
- Must maintain full-time status while at Saint Francis and complete the program in the specified time frame.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. One of these letters MUST be from the student’s academic advisor at Saint Francis. The letter will address the personal growth of the student during Phase I of the program, as well as the student’s maturity, responsibility, and desire to become a pharmacist.
- Demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to the pharmacy profession.
- Submit a completed primary application for admission to PharmCAS and a secondary application to the LECOM School of Pharmacy.
Additional stipulations for matriculation are set forth in the articulation agreement between Saint Francis University and LECOM.
Students who are interested in pursuing the pre-pharmacy program should contact Dr. Susan Reimer, program coordinator.
Students can also find additional information about the program on LECOM’s website. http://lecom.edu/admissions/entrance-requirements/early-acceptance-programs/
Estimated Completion Time:
Two years at Saint Francis to complete A.S. Completion of Pharm. D. degree requires an additional three (Erie, PA) or four (Bradenton, FL) years with LECOM.
Students pursuing this program complete the A.S. in Bio-Chemical Sciences for the undergraduate (Phase I) portion of this program. Please refer to that catalog entry for details.
Bio-Chemical Sciences, A.S.