Francis Worldwide Dean: Dr. Tricia McFadden
Francis Worldwide Director: Mrs. Sherri Link, Academic & Student Affairs
Partnering Academic Department: Business Administration
Chair: Dr. Angela Seidel, email@example.com
The Accounting program prepares students to enter private, public, or governmental accounting in a variety of fields including financial accounting, cost accounting, auditing, taxes, and financial analysis. The program begins with comprehensive coverage of generally accepted accounting principles as a basis of recording business transactions and preparing financial statements. Once this foundation is established, students develop critical thinking skills to analyze financial statements, control costs, prepare budgets, and make decisions based on accounting data. All courses are offered online.
Saint Francis University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, Kansas, 66215; (913) 631-3009; http://iacbe.org/accredited-programs.asp.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Francis Worldwide and the Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business;
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making;
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
See Francis Worldwide, School of Continuing Studies for admission criteria and information.
Estimated Completion Time:
Typically 3-5 years of part-time study
Total Credits Required: