Chair: Dr. Angela Seidel, email@example.com, 814-472-3076
The Management program prepares students to manage profit or non-profit organizations through an education in the classical principles of management developed by the field’s major thinkers and practitioners. The program emphasizes the history of management, business ethics, the legal environment of business, human resource management and labor relations, organizational behavior, production management, risk management, marketing, decision- making, statistics, quantitative methods, leadership and strategic management.
The Healthcare Management program is a concentration in the Management program that prepares students for management careers within the vast United States Health Care Industry by providing them with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of macro-level health care policy challenges and issues, health care economics, best contemporary management and marketing practices in the health care management field, health care information systems, special ethical and legal issues facing health care managers, and the critical nature and complexity of health care strategy and policy decisions.
Saint Francis University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Student Learning Outcomes:
The Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business.
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
This program has rolling admission.
Estimated Completion Time:
4 years, Full Time
Total Credits Required:
128 credits minimum
Progression and/or Retention Criteria
- Over the past 5 years, over 98% of School of Business graduates have been gainfully employed or enrolled in graduate school within one year of graduation.
- Exit survey results indicate that over 99% of School of Business graduates feel prepared for their respective careers upon graduation.