Division of Professional Studies Dean: Dr. Tricia McFadden
Division of Professional Studies Director: Mrs. Sherri Link, Academic & Student Affairs
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing degree program prepares students for careers in sales, marketing, research, advertising, retailing, and marketing management. The program emphasizes a strong business core combined with advertising, consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing, and marketing management.
Saint Francis University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Lenexa, Kansas.
The Division of Professional Studies and the Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business.
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
See Division of Professional Studies for admission criteria and information.
Estimated Completion Time:
Bachelor degree programs take anywhere between 3-5 years for completion.
A candidate for graduation must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete all requirements for an approved program of study;
- Complete the minimum number of credits (128 for a bachelor’s degree; 64 for an associate’s degree);
- Repeat for an acceptable passing grade any course required for the major in which the grade of “F” has been received;
- Complete the last 30 credits for the degree at SFU;
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better in all courses taken at SFU;
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better in all major or collateral requirements;
- Satisfy the requirements of the General Education core curriculum;
- Satisfy the capstone requirement as specified by the major department(s);
- Submit a completed Application for Degree form at least one semester prior to graduation date; and
- Satisfy financial obligations to the University.
All students complete the 3-credit course MGMT401, Strategic Management, which serves as the capstone for all undergraduate business programs. Among other learning experiences, this course includes a simulation that requires students to synthesize and apply learning from across the business domains of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, and information systems.
Total Credits Required: