Go to information for Pre-Medicine Programs at SFU .
Chair, Biology: Dr. Justin Merry, email@example.com, 814-471-1105
Chair, Chemistry: Dr. Pedro Muiño, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-472-3084
This affiliated program is referred to as “2+4”/ “3+4” (Pharm.D.) Duquesne Pre-Pharmacy program. The program is an early-entry pre-pharmacy program that will give students the opportunity to complete their pharmacy education in two phases: Phase I consists of the first two or three years of undergraduate education at Saint Francis; Phase II consists of the remaining three years in the Doctor of Pharmacy Program at Duquesne University.
Students completing two years at Saint Francis complete the Bio-Chemical Sciences A.S. degree program.
Students completing three years at Saint Francis pursue a B.A. Chemistry or B.S. Biology degree. Completion of this degree occurs after successful completion of the first year of Pharmacy school at Duquesne University.
Students will be admitted to the SFU Phase (Phase I) of the program based upon the following criteria:
|SAT Scores (or ACT Scores)
||>1050 SAT or ACT score >24
|High School GPA
||>3.0 on a scale of 4.0
||One letter of recommendation
||Demonstrate evidence of leadership potential, community service, and co-curricular activities.
Duquesne University will admit up to four Saint Francis students, in each academic year, who meet the criteria listed below. At the discretion of Duquesne, more than four students may be admitted in any given year, depending upon space availability. Candidates for admission to Duquesne University Mylan School of Pharmacy are required to:
- Complete the two-year undergraduate Pre-Pharmacy curriculum at Saint Francis University including core curriculum requirements;
- Earn a minimum grade of “C” in all Saint Francis University undergraduate courses;
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 or better in all Saint Francis university undergraduate courses;
- Participate in an interview process with Duquesne University MSOP faculty;
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the Saint Francis University Pre-Pharmacy Selection Committee;
- Provide evidence of leadership potential and commitment to the pharmacy profession.
Preference will be granted to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Achieve a composite PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) score of 375 or better;
- Achieve a GPA of 3.00 or higher for all science and math courses taken at Saint Francis University;
- Achieve a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.00 or higher in the Pre-Pharmacy early-Entry Program.
Additional stipulations for matriculation are set forth in the articulation agreement between Saint Francis University and Duquesne University.
Students can also find additional information about the program on Duquesne University’s website. https://www.duq.edu/academics/schools/pharmacy/become-a-student
Estimated Completion Time:
2+4 program: Two years at Saint Francis University to complete A.S.
3+4 program: Three years at Saint Francis University. B.S. degree is conferred at the end of the first year of pharmacy school at Duquesne University.
Requirements for the Program:
For the undergraduate (Phase I) portion of this program, students pursuing this program complete the A.S. in Bio-Chemical Sciences, or they complete the requirements for a B.A. in Chemistry or B.S. in Biology. Please refer to those catalog entries for details.
Bio-Chemical Sciences, A.S.
Chemistry, B.A. Duquesne 3 + 4 Pre-Pharmacy Concentration