Chair: Dr. Angela Seidel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-472-3076
The Management Information Systems program prepares students to analyze, design, develop, implement, integrate, manage, and maintain management information systems and information technology. At the program level, the program carefully and effectively blends a solid business administration education with the technical and conceptual aspects of information systems. The Cyber Security concentration within the MIS major is designed to help build a specific knowledge domain for students who are also interested in information security or infrastructure protection positions in the government, private industry, or those just wanting to gain an understanding about how present local, national and world events and actions in cyber security can impact their future.
Saint Francis University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Student Learning Outcomes:
The Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business.
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
This program has rolling admission.
Estimated Completion Time:
4 Years, Full Time
Total Credits Required:
128 credits minimum
Progression and/or Retention Criteria
- Over the past 5 years, over 98% of School of Business graduates have been gainfully employed or enrolled in graduate school within one year of graduation.
- Exit survey results indicate that over 99% of School of Business graduates feel prepared for their respective careers upon graduation.