Dean, Francis Worldwide: Dr. Karen Srba, email@example.com
Director, Academic Operations: Mrs. Sherri Link, firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnering Academic Department: Business Administration
Chair: Dr. Angela Seidel, email@example.com
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management degree program is an online program that prepares students for management careers within the vast health care Industry by providing them with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of macro-level health care policy challenges and issues, health care economics, best contemporary management and marketing practices in the healthcare management field, health care information systems, special ethical and legal issues facing healthcare managers, and the critical nature and complexity of health care strategy and policy decisions.
This program is not accredited.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Francis Worldwide and the Shields School of Business will graduate students who have the knowledge, skills, love of learning, confidence, drive, and ethical and moral values needed to be spiritually fulfilled in life and successful in professional careers. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate, in the Spirit of Saint Francis in the Marketplace, knowledge of the ethical value choices and responsibilities of businesses and business leaders;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in business in the functional areas of accounting, information systems, finance, management, and marketing;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal, social, economic environments of business;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the global dimension of business;
- Integrate the functional areas of business in the process of decision making;
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate.
See Francis Worldwide for admission criteria and information.
Estimated Completion Time:
Typically 3-5 years of part-time study
CORE407 Keystone Seminar is the capstone requirement for students in the Healthcare Management, B.S. program.
Total Credits Required:
The curriculum allows for a Public Health Minor . Students should see their advisor to complete the required declaration form.